Looking for a New Job? Our Portal is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Chemical Services, Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Purchasing Manager
Company Name : Chemical Services, Inc.
Company Location : Dayton, OH 45414
Job Position : Purchasing Manager
Job Category : Jobs in Dayton, OH 45414
Job Description :
ChemGroup is a leading distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals which is among the nation’s largest, ranking in the top 25 in North America and in the top 100 globally.
ChemGroup operates a vast array of truck, barge, and rail terminals, and has numerous chemical distribution facilities throughout the US. Established in 1980 the ChemGroup has longstanding partnerships with mainline producers and leading suppliers and services thousands of customers in nearly all major industrial market segments.
Role – Purchasing Manager
Chemical Services has an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Manager at their Dayton, OH location. The primary responsibilities of this role are to lead the on-site purchasing team.
· Provides leadership, training and development of purchasing department efforts.
· Ensures that all purchasing activities are executed to achieve operating and financial objectives, consistent with business strategy
· Maintain open, direct and professional communications with all departments within the organization to insure total understanding of their requirements
· Communicate and coordinate with internal staff (Sales, Customer Service, Warehouse, and Accounting) to maximize customer satisfaction.
· Maintains knowledge of market conditions, anticipates market changes and recommends appropriate actions related to those assigned items.
· Understand market trends, manufacturing processes and factors affecting supply availability and pricing of products to ensure they are purchased at appropriate times.
· Develops and maintain sources of supply based on reliability, financial responsibility, technical competence and adequate capacity.
· Responsible for supplier selection, negotiations and supplier performance to meet sourcing strategies and key objectives.
· Strategically source and promote development of additional or alternate sources to assure continuous supply and competitive pricing.
· Deliver lowest total cost of ownership for materials managed.
· Provides timely updates to management and internal customers on managed materials.
· Participates in the forecasting and budgeting processes as necessary.
· Knowledge and ability to execute “best purchasing practices”.
· Education: B.S. /B.A. (business, supply chain or other discipline).
· Minimum 5 years procurement related experience.
· Cross functional experience in purchasing chemicals, sales or business management.
· Strong business and finance acumen, ability to quickly understand business strategies and ensure that procurement strategies are in alignment with the business needs.
· Hands on self-starter with the ability to handle responsibilities with a strong sense of urgency in quickly changing environment.
· Excellent communication and project management skills.
· Ability to create an environment where personnel are engaged and self-motivated.
· Provide Leadership and vision to direct reports and coworkers as it relates to working toward common corporate goals and objectives.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly formulate solutions to problems.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Proven track record for cost reductions and TCO.
· Proficient with ERP systems, MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location