Looking for a New Job? Our Portal is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Stop & Shop & they are Hiring Candidates for Pharmacy Technician
Company Name : Stop & Shop
Company Location : Flemington, NJ 08822
Job Position : Pharmacy Technician
Job Category : Jobs in California
Job Description :
Essential Job Functions:
1. Support and work with all pharmacy staff to achieve outstanding pharmaceutical care and business outcomes.
2. Actively assist the pharmacist, under their direct supervision, with the filling of new, refill and transfer prescriptions in accordance with current laws, ethical standards and company policies.
3. Maintain the confidentiality of customer and company information.
4. Thoroughly understand and operate the pharmacy register, computer software and telephone system.
5. Maintain an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer focus both in person and on telephone.
6. Assist in maintenance of third party prescription information and resolution of rejected claims.
7. Initiate prescription renewal requests to prescriber via telephone call or fax where applicable by law.
8. Understand the pharmacy inventory control procedures and inventory management including special requirements for controlled substances.
9. Receive and obtain information needed on written prescriptions or telephone refill requests from customers.
10. Perform all register functions and bag customer purchases in accordance with established store procedures, including verifying customer’s name, address and expected quantity of prescriptions at time of pickup.
11. Relay specific communications to customer from technician or pharmacist processing prescription.
12. Maintain solid communication within the department.
13. Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
14. Serve as role model for customer service and company standard practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and assistance.
2. Help pharmacists prepare prescriptions by counting or pouring medications, labeling containers, and pricing prescriptions.
3. Ensure customers receive all their prescriptions.
4. File written prescription forms after prescriptions are dispensed.
5. Prepare and complete manual insurance claim forms if needed.
6. Maintain organized filing system for invoices, manual insurance claims, daily reports, etc. in accordance with Standard Practice Manual and state law.
7. Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
8. Help customers find over the counter items.
9. Adhere to state specific and pertinent federal laws and regulations.
10. Maintain proper inventory levels: ordering of supplies, return to stocks, transfers, and special requirements for controlled substances.
11. Perform Cardinal returns regularly.
12. Process pharmacy outdates and credits including keeping inventory free from outdated product. 13. Maintain knowledge of physical inventory procedures and assist in the physical inventory process
14. Share in responsibility for department maintenance and cleanliness in accordance with fixed activities.
15. Restock pharmacy department supplies (e.g. bottles, bags, labels, staples, etc.) as needed.
16. Observe and adhere to all company policies and the Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
17. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with company personal appearance policy.
18. Adhere to company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free of debris and safety hazards.
19. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity and respect.
20. Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
21. Foster a positive and enthusiastic environment to retain associates and customers.
22. Perform all other duties as assigned.
-High school graduate or equivalent.
-Successful completion of criminal background check and drug testing as required.
-Excellent communication and customer service skills.
-Strong data entry and basic mathematic skills.
-Effective time management skills and sense of urgency.
-Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. -Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
-Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment.
-Must be able to work with minimal supervision to prioritize multiple minor projects while maintaining customer focus.
-High levels of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
-Desire and ability to learn all aspects of pharmacy operations , and other delegated duties.
-Open schedule availability, including nights, weekends and holidays.
-Desire and ability to train other department associates in all areas pertaining to department operation.
1. Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
2. Use computer screen/keyboard/mouse/biometric scanner 100% of the time.
3. Use hands to frequently/continuously handle a variety of sizes of containers then manipulate individual pills/capsules and the equipment used to count them.
4. Clerical accuracy and mathematical skills and ability to use cash register.
5. Ability to use staplers, calculators, communication and computer systems frequently.
6. Frequent/continuous reaching, grasping, lifting, and carrying up to 20 lb. below the waist level and at or above shoulder level.
7. Bend at the knees and waist repetitively up to 30% of the work day.
8. Have sufficient visual acuity and audio capability to process prescriptions and service customers
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
4 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as our website