Looking for a New Job? Our Portal is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Shelby County Schools & they are Hiring Candidates for Educational Support Professional
Company Name : Shelby County Schools
Company Location : Memphis, TN 38128
Job Position : Educational Support Professional
Job Category : Jobs in California
Job Description :
Purpose and Scope:
The Education Support Professional, as a teacher candidate, will perform specialized work to co-facilitate learning with varied modes of blended instruction. Under direct mentorship, the Education Support Professional supports with and carries out instruction designed by the teacher of record. The ESP plays a pivotal role and is directly involved with assisting the teacher to achieve student success. This may include targeted work with individual students and small groups, monitoring and documenting student progress, and regular communication with the classroom teacher regarding instruction and other learning resources.
Essential Job Functions :
1. Supports students with learning skills introduced by the teacher.
2. Educational Support Professional will solo teach to gain classroom leadership skills and hands-on student interaction.
3. Supports with the development of lesson plans, instructional materials, and other learning activities with the assigned classroom teacher.
4. Develops and issues education content including notes, tests, and assignments.
5. Provides instructional support to students in varied classroom settings (i.e., whole group, small group, and individual).
6. Provides additional support, as needed, to enhance student achievement through co-teaching and reinforcement of learning concepts in the classroom environment.
7. Works to encourage more collaboration and creativity from a student perspective by emphasizing teaching strategies in a smaller, more controlled setting.
8. Assists the teacher with maintaining a well-organized, smoothly functioning learning environment.
9. Monitors student progress, collect and document appropriate academic and/or behavioral data; observes assignments and tests data to take advantage of opportunities to reteach and reinforce when misunderstandings of content are detected.
10. Prepares and distributes progress reports.
11. Attends all required professional learning sessions associated with the classes/content areas served to build specialized knowledge.
12. Participates in district provided job related training, staff meetings, in-service, and other professional development sessions as required by the District.
13. Services as key contact and liaison for parent/community involvement in the instructional progress.
14. In collaboration with the classroom teacher, provide general supervision of students while in the classroom or other district premises.
15. Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of supporting student academic achievement.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree. Ability to obtain PRAXIS certification within specified time frame (1 year).
One (1) year of experience working with children in an educational setting preferred.
Must possess or be able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.
(PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master’s degrees are required, years for bachelor’s degrees must be included.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic knowledge of child growth and development, instructional procedures and practices applicable to assignment, instructional goals and policies of the District
Knowledge of content and instructional practices to reinforce skills.
Skills to perform single tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
Ability to motivate and develop the interest of children.
Ability to implement teachers’ instructional plans in assigned field.
Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with children, young adults, and faculty members.
Ability to assist with the implementation of an instructional program and to participate in monitoring and ensuring appropriate student behavior.
Ability to adapt to changing work priorities and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to follow school board policy, school rules and regulations as well as written and oral instructions and to perform all required task.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in order to model good reading, writing and speaking skills for students.
Behavioral analysis and cognitive recognition abilities for anticipating and addressing potential interactions or issues.
Caring and compassionate attitude when interacting with and caring for children.
Strong verbal communication and listening skills to converse with children, fellow professional caregivers and parents or guardians.
Excellent patience and stamina for keeping up with the demands of children of all ages.
Advanced multitasking and organizational skills to handle multiple children at a time.
Strong understanding of stages of childhood development.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (Ada) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
Additional Job Details: AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE MSCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MSCS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as our website